Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Learing about myself......still

Hi Everybody, :)

Congrats to you Ang. It's always exciting to get into a lower set of numbers even if it is by .5 pounds. That's what I'm working towards.

I woke up yesterday with the beginning symptoms of a head cold. Headache, scatchy throat, pressurey feeling in my head. I'm trying to ignore it but that's not happening in fact I had an epiphany yesterday. I eat when I am sick. I never really noticed that before yesterday but looking back on though my life it is true. I spent a lot of the day with my head in the fridge looking for things to eat. You know, like trolling for food and when I find something I take it into bed and eat it as if that will make me feel better. I'm glad that I learned this very important thing about myself. It's amazing to me that I could be almost 57 years old and not know something so important about myself. I guess I need to be more observant which this agreement is helping me do.

Today I am still sick, probably worse. I'm very happy that I don't have to work tonight. I am going to go back to bed and stay there until tomorrow. At least now I'm aware of my food proclivities and will watch out for the signs of mindless eating. I had another "volume" breakfast of eggbeaters with lots of veggies and one piece of toast this morning. So far, so good.

My exercise has been good. It seems to be the easy part of all this for me. Yesterday I had a private yoga session with Juliana which was just what I needed to feel human enough to go to work and stand up for hours yesterday. Today I went to the track because I had made arrangements to meet a friend there so I had to go. I walked 2 1/2 miles before I started to really not feel well so I quit. My foot is still giving me some lip but has been much better overall over the last few days.

I find myself very aware of this all important agreement. If I can start putting good food decision days together with good exercising days I think I may be on the right track.

Love ya all,
Claudia

1 comment:

  1. Claudia, I'm so sorry you are not feeling well..I hope you find yourself feeling better. Wish I could make you a pot of homemade chicken soup..Happy you found/learned something new about yourself and it will help you.

    ReplyDelete